Monday, April 13, 2009

Share and Voice: Shar Drew



Shar Drew, as many of you know from classes is a very great person. Here she is pictured above (also pictured are me, Ingrid, and Sara J.) serving as a health education resource :) I found out some new things about her though on a recent shopping trip to Target that we spent together. We went to Target to gather our materials for our Binder for Community Health Methods, and to get a few miscellaneous items together... it's what happened while at Target though that surprised me. (First of all, I'd like to say that after searching Target's webpage... they have a VERY impressive eco-friendly section... check it out! Anything you can get "normal" you can get in a environment firendly way!) Now, I always knew that Shar was very environmentally friendly (even before this class)! She uses organic makeup, shampoo, conditioner, and lip gloss and tries to buy energy star appliances! First of all, Shar had some cards that she needed to purchase as Thank you Notes..... After awhile of looking around she found some recycled paper cards that were actually way cuter than any of the other blank cards there! Next in line was looking for a congrats card for her friend that got into grad school! The first card she pointed to.... had an earth on it! I tried really hard to find a picture of it, but it was near impossible.... but you probably get the picture! Next it was time to look for a present for her friend. I gave her an idea of a notebook or pad of paper, you probably could guess by now.... the first thing this girl did was go straight for the eco-friendly notebook! (pictured at left). After we decided against a notebook we decided to look at candles, because I love candles! Once again, we head for the candle section, and we head straight for the natural soy candles. The one I smelled actually smelled really bad, but some of them smelled nice (just for future reference). Also for future reference... Shar really likes this kind of cheese pictured at the left if you're ever looking for a present for her... I found her staring at it twice ;) Okay, so after our trip to Target I remembered that I had a gift card for Starbucks that I hadn't used, and rarely go there, and we were both thirsty so we decided we should probably hit it up! After getting our drinks... a Vanilla Bean for me and a Strawberries 'N' Cream for Shar, we look over and boom, there's a huge advertisement for how Starbucks is going Green! When I looked it up online, they are doing SOOOO much for our environment it could be a share and voice by itself. Here is the link for their environment part of there corporation: Starbucks Shared Planet. We even drove together to save on gas in my Pontiac Sunfire... which gets about 30 miles to the gallon and you don't hear me complain about very often! Anyways, I just wanted to let you know about Shar, and congratulate her on what a great job she's doing on helping our environment out! YAY to her : )

PS: ALL OF THE PICTURES ARE LINKED TO THE APPROPRIATE PAGE IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT THE ITEM.

6 comments:

  1. HAHA I love that this is called Share and Voice: Shar Drew, I am personally a huge fan. and COOL! Target is amazingg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
    Wow, this is hilarious! Heather, you actually did a share & voice on shar and her buying habits?!?! LOL. I could picture everything that was happening as I was reading! PS. shar WOULD get strawberries n' cream! I always get that, and she drinks it all! haha. This is a great post Heather! Good job with the pictures and story, and everything! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS Shar Drew, for being so eco-friendly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHA...I don't know whether to be embarrassed or honored?!?
    A. I thought you were joking when you said you were gonna do a share and voice about me!!!
    B. I laughed the whole way through but the hardest at the cheese part, cuz although it's not eco-friendly...I just can't give it up!
    C. the picture on the top is not my fav, lol
    AND D. Thanks Heather=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather-
    My life is now complete. You have an award waiting for you on my blog!! --S

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA.. this sounds like quite the adventure! I love that you made a post about Shar! It is nice to recognize her though, considering she is doing a lot to go green! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete