Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Share and Voice: Green Toilet Paper


As I was sitting in my bed tonight, working on final projects and papers, and dealing with a cold. I realized in a short amount of time, the amount of tissues that I had used. I then wondered if there was any ways in which to go more environmentally friendly with my everyday tissue use, like Kleenex, and toilet paper?! I did a little googling, and found some pretty interesting answers.

First of all I found out from Grinning Planet, that a lot of companies are pushing that forests get cut down, when that is the last thing that needs to happen to make things like Kleenex, toilet paper, and paper towels. Kimberly-Clark is one of the largest companies making waste on the forests. This company not only sells tissue items at retail stores, but also to big end retailers like schools, governments, and institutions.

According to this website, the most environmentally friendly tissue item companies are!
Seventh Generation
Green Forest
Marcal
Natural Value
Earth Friendly

So next time you're out shopping for "the essentials" take a minute to really help our our environment!

3 comments:

  1. Heather! Thanks for giving me your cold!!! I'm sitting here this morning with a pile of used kleenex and complaining about my nose. Not cool=) But thanks for the tips on eco-friendly tissues, you know I'll consider it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-
    Neat find.. that is a really cool that they're making eco-friendly tissues! Keep up the great work.. we're almost done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I will keep this in mind for next winter and my cold comes around.

    ReplyDelete